2.09.2009

I'm alive

Sorry. Fell off the face of the earth for awhile. Winter is tough... kind of hibernate, only coming out to do what must be done - even then, I find it is a struggle. I know, I know... wahh, wahh... but, I have no other excuse.

The weather here has been half-way decent for a couple of days - kind of gave me a pump of energy, thought I would peak my head out of my hole, no shadow yet... so, I'm inclined to stay out - at least for a couple of days!!

School is kicking my ass this semester. I hear it is the toughest one... the one where they weed out the weak from the strong. I am holding on like hell - hoping that I am one of the strong ones.

I was able to observe a surgery the other day - a carotid endarterectomy ... I was fortunate enough to have an AWESOME surgeon and staff in the room, they let me stand very close, answered my millions of questions and explained everything that they were doing. Amazing. I never thought that surgery would be where my interests would lie - but I find myself very intrigued!

Oh. Any suggestions on how to get my 4 & 5 year old to listen? They pretty much ignore just about everything I say these days. Nice. Didn't think that happened until middle school.

I am going to try to be better at this blogging stuff... keeping up with writing and reading too. I have missed it... but, I'm back now. :)

3 comments:

The Girl said...

Holy Shit !! YO ADRIENNE !!! Do you know how freaking long I have waited to say that. I've missed you, but you sound awesome. Unfortunately, the kids are not going to listen no matter what you do. Just ignore them, and they will become intrigued as to why your not freaking out anymore.

Welcome back honey ! See Efen, I told you so.....

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think surgery stuff is interesting to *think* about, but I probably would pass right out if I had to *look* at it. Glad you're back!

Efen said...

YO ADRIENNE !!! (hehe) Hey...missed you and was hoping all is well! Glad you're 'back' :)

Uh...got any new 'sweater pics'? LOL...just wanted to welcome you back in the 'proper' manner ;);)