10.27.2008

Am I supposed to like my kids?

Am I?
Because today, I do not.

My kids were used to being with me all day. I was a stay-at-home mom until June when I went back to school full time during the day. (Previously, I went nights and weekends and they were home with dad or grandma). I had such a tough time leaving them... cried all of the way to school for a week. Wimpy, I know.

But now that they are in school 3 LONG days during the week - they drive me nuts!!

Is it because I am no longer used to being with them all of the time? Is it because I am out in the world of adults again? (although, quite frankly - a lot of adults get on my nerves) Or is it because they fight, fight, fight? Or because they whine, whine, whine?

I thought having babies was hard ... my kids are 12 months apart - there were times I was ready to go nuts... but now that they talk [meant - *talk back*] it is much harder than when they just crawled around and stuck everything in their mouths.

Oh yeah - and as an extra special gift - everything I do and say ... they are old enough to remember now. Each and every time I tell them they are driving me crazy - adds to the amount of money they will be hitting me up for to pay for therapy one day.

I'm a sucky mommy.

5 comments:

Frank said...

Aww, no you're not. Everyone gets impatient with loved ones...some more so than others...like me.

Elle said...

You're not a sucky mommy...if you were, you wouldn't care enough to blog about it! I think those moms out there are gonna tell you that you're just normal...don't be so hard on yourself. :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

You can't always *like* them, but underneath it all, you always love them. It's challenging - mine are 8 years apart and they still bicker with each other. The favorite time of day for bickering? When I'm in the kitchen trying to get dinner together. Good times, good times. Hang in there!

Efen said...

Oh man....they can drive you absoefenlutely crazy..uh, I think my parents still feel that way ;)

But....you love 'em...and that never changes :)

The Girl said...

Oh my God, you crack me up. And no you are not supposed to like your kids. You have to love them, but you don't have to like them. Trust me, I harbor a 19, 16, and 8 year old. I know of what I speak.

He! He! Have a great day anyway