10.29.2008

You tell me that I don't have to *like* my kids... now tell me, do I have to like my in-laws??

...because every time I know that I am going to have to deal with J's family... my spidey senses go all out of whack! I get anxious thinking of the ways they will let me know that everything I do is wrong (in their eyes and the eyes of their god) ... this makes me pissy (my mood, not my pants thankfully), which then leads to road rage [**note** the road rage they cause ... adding to the money I am going to have to dish out for the kids' therapy one day**].

J's family is as different from mine as can be. My family is laid back and a little rough around the edges - in a type A kind of way (if that makes any sense at all) - his family... judgemental, annoying - you get the point. [Okay, okay - my family is judgemental too - but we call it gossip and we do it behind your back... not to your face!]

I have never had a problem getting along with just about anybody. But, everything I do - a problem. I am wrong. I am selfish. I am immature. Just can't win.

We will see them Sunday.

It's Wednesday now. I can feel it... my spidey senses are starting to go. By the time Sunday rolls around - I'm going to be a flipping mess... if you live in NE Ohio - consider this fair warning.

UG.

5 comments:

The Girl said...

I think hating your in-laws is completely normal. My mother-in-law finds it necessary to critize me as a parent every since she started taking in Foster Kids. Your normal, try to let it roll off your back.

Frank said...

Sounds like my sister and her inlaws :)

I'll be sure to avoid that area of Ohio until the storms have passed.

Efen said...

LOLOL....there were soooo many funny things in your post! :)

Nah, you don't have to like them. Thats why there's a definition for 'tolerate' ;)

Elle said...

Oh hell no, you don't have to like them either. The only people you have to like are your blog friends! Yeah, I'm going with that.

YO Adrienne said...

'the girl' - thank goodness it's normal. not many things in my life are - glad to know this is!

'frank' - smart guy! you're safer the further you stay way from here

'efen'. you crack me up. oh, and tolerate... do you think that is taking this whole 'deal with the in-law's thing' just a little bit too far? I'm not sure if I can even 'tolerate' them. UG!

'laura' - of course! brilliant! I just have to *like* my blog friends! whew... you've made my life SO much easier! :)