10.20.2008

anniversary no 9

I have no clue what to get for the guy I promised to ... love, respect, honor - blah, blah, yada, yada ... 9 years ago tomorrow.

googled anniversary no 9 ... this is what I got:
9th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Traditional Anniversary Gift: Pottery
Modern Anniversary Gift: Leather
Travel Anniversary Gift Ideas: Mexico

First... our closest Pottery Barn - about 50 minutes away. Plus, that is more my thing than his. That won't work.
Second... leather?? I guess I could find him a leather whip at the 'fun' shop a couple of miles away ... he would probably enjoy that quite a bit. Unfortunately, my skin is quite sensitive and I don't know how much I would enjoy it.
Third... Mexico?? yeah fucking right... like I can afford a trip to Mexico.

**********
For anniversary no 9 - this is the special day I have planned:

1. I will get the kids up and fight them on what they will be wearing to school (probably remembering after the fight that I am supposed to be nicer to the kids so they will visit me when I am old).
2. I'll dig enough change out of the car to buy myself a Dunkin Donuts coffee before I head off to school.
3. I'll practice giving shots to a foam rubber block - talking to it nice - pretending its a patient I am sticking with a needle.
4. I'll go to the post office, the grocery store - oh, and pick up my Lexapro (because you don't want to be around me if I forget it...)
5. Pick up the kids from school.
6. Come home and fight with the kids again (shit, gotta remember that nicer thing) to put their coats on the hook and put their shoes away
7. Make dinner
8. Listen to the kids whine that the dinner I made isn't what they want to eat.
9. Fight the kids to get re-dressed ... take them back to school for their fall program
10. Bring them home and again fight the kids to get ready for bed.
11. Study
12. Sleep

What am I forgetting??

Oh fuck ... my husband.

Now I have to re-plan my day to fit in a fight with him too... it is our anniversary after all.

5 comments:

The Girl said...

Honey, get a babysitter, go out to dinner, and have mind blowing sex...with protection of course, no more babies for you, your too stressed out.

YO Adrienne said...

ha! ha! took care of that... had the tubes tied, twisted, burnt, exploded... whatever they do in there - last year!!! :)

Efen said...

I think #9 is actually where your husband gives you all kinds of gifts, trips, and cash. At least thats the way it was explained to me ;)

The Girl said...

Another thing we have in common, I closed the baby factory when my son was 6 months old. Best freaking thing I ever did in my life.

Elle said...

Ahhh, the Lexapro :) My mom and I drove to the beach a couple of years ago and she kept waiting for the road rage to kick in...little did she know, I was mellowing out on the 'Pro ;)

Happy Anniversary!