10.20.2008

I should probably be nicer to my kids...

I'm a nursing student.
Today I started my acute care rotation.
What did I learn?

Nursing school really doesn't teach you shit. I won't learn what I need to know until I graduate and start working on the floor.

My patient today was an 82 year old female, all alone. No family to visit her and a random guardian to see to her care. When I'm 82, I hope my kids visit me. I should be nicer to my kids now or they will probably agree to let me be used for some sort of scientific experimental testing when I'm old.

Off to make cupcakes for the kids now...

2 comments:

The Girl said...

That's so sad. I commend you for being an nurse. I keep telling my dad to be nice to me or I'll stick him in home where a stranger will have to change his diapers. His answer: He slaps me in my head ! He! He!

Efen said...

Geez....82 and all alone :(

Hmmm...Not sure if that 'nicer thing' is a sure guarantee but doesn't hurt to 'hedge your bets' ;)