10.08.2008

Annoyed beyond belief... and it is all AT&T's fault

Today is an example of why people drink ... and a perfect example of why I am contemplating picking back up the habit again myself...

**side note - I stopped drinking nearly 6 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Before I could say "she's finally sleeping through the night"... I was pregnant again!! Two babies in two years - you'd think I would have been driven back to drinking a long time ago.**

Anyway ... a few weeks ago, I am home - studying - enjoying the peace and quiet before picking up the kids from school. DING*DONG* - a man is at the door wanting to sell me the new cable service from AT&T Uverse. Before I was able to slam the door in his face - he tells me that I can have DVR service that will allow me to record up to FOUR - yes FOUR - shows at a time while still watching live TV - oh, and with the bundle pack - we'll save $34 a month.

Now, between studying and the kids - I really do not have the time for TV - but I like to pretend that I do. I like to record all of the shows that I have every intention of watching ... dreaming about the evening curled up on the couch with my down comforter, fuzzy socks and a mug of hot cocoa... never happens. But, think of all the dreaming I will be able to do when I am recording FOUR FREAKING shows all at ONE TIME!!

Back to the topic of why I am pouring myself a glass of wine at this very moment...

AT&T sets a time to come to my home on my day off of school - "it should only take a couple of hours to install and then you will be able to continue with your day"! The install day comes and AT&T actually shows up within the scheduled hours of 8am and 10 am - this day is going pretty great.

THAT is when the honeymoon ended.

The AT&T dude was here for NINE hours. After all of that time - and a whole day wasted - stuck in the house with my kids - no TV, no cable, no Internet - he leaves without hooking anything up. NOTHING WAS HOOKED UP!!

So... I call and call these peeps for days - can't get through. Then, when trying to make another call - I realize that my phone no longer works. I have NO phone line. FREAKING GREAT!

I call our previous phone service folks - turns out the phone line has already been 'ported out' to the AT&T folks... NICE! By now, it is now Wednesday... have they been back to fix their mess? That would be a big HELL TO THE NO!

Today, I finally get through to one of the AT&T peeps.
The conversation goes something like this:

Me: I'm ticked off

Them: Thank you for calling, can you please hold.

Me: I'm ticked off

Them: I'm checking on that, can you please hold.

Me: I want someone out here today to fix the problem. The problem being - I have NO SERVICE

Them: Is the red light blinking on your modem?

Me: WHAT MODEM?

Them: On your phone line modem that was installed on Friday - THAT modem

Me: I'm standing on the edge of my roof and I'm ready to jump ...

Them: I'm sorry, I didn't catch that - - can you please hold while we check to see if there is a
problem with your line

Me: Seriously, someone needs to come out today to fix this TODAY. We need our phone!!!

Them: We're sorry for the trouble ma'am - we can have someone out to your home to service the modem next Thursday, will that work for you??

Why did I ever quit drinking... this bottle of wine is going down wonde...r...f..u...lllllllll... y

1 comments:

The Girl said...

That was too funny - next time have some shots of Vodka, it works faster, and if you have it available - switch to Verizon. Thanks for the link