10.30.2008

I have one of *those* names...

Laura said recently that I need a nickname.

This - it made me think - and I have decided - I will share with you. (oh, the suspense)

My name.

Adrienne.

Can you imagine? Do you know where I am going with this?

If I had a quarter for every time I have heard "YO, Adrienne" (inevitably) followed by
"do you get that a lot" OR "have you ever heard that"...

I WOULD BE A FUCKING MILLIONAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think this bothers me??

It doesn't... anymore. Really.

Therapy helped a lot.

The twitch - very slight compared to what it used to be.

7 comments:

Efen said...

"YO, Adrienne"...LOL...j/k ;)
I love it...much more personal than 'Trying To etc etc' ;)

BUT...be prepared for relentless "YO, Adrienne's" from 'the girl'...she's from Philly, ya know ;)

And...LMAO @ "The twitch - very slight compared to what it used to be".....funny :)

The Girl said...

AHHHHh, I love it....

YO ADRIENNE !!!!!! He! He!

Efen: Your beginning to know me well

Elle said...

I love that name!

But if you still want a nickname, you know, something cute and feminine like, oh I don't know, EFEN, we'll getcha one ;)

Frank said...

Is "Yo, Adrienne" a reference to Rocky? I've never actually seen it...


I think it's a beautiful name :)

The Girl said...

Ok, Frank - what the hell is wrong with you that you never saw Rocky !!!!! That's it, I'm coming over with all 6 of my Rocky movies, you poor neglected baby

YO Adrienne said...

Ah, I knew I could count on the girl & efen for a "YO ADRIENNE"! (If only I had gone with my gut and placed money on it...) :)

Laura & Frank, Thank you for loving my name!

Frank... I'm wondering though. By telling me that my name is beautiful... are you hoping for the boobie pictures that you have been campaigning for over on efen's blog?? LOL!!!

Happy Halloween my blog world friends!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Adrienne is a beautiful name. I happen to like names that start with vowels. I tried to foist of Audra for our daughter (now 2.5), but the Evil Twin said he didn't want a child named after a state park here in West Virginia, so she got a consonant name instead.