2.17.2009

Disappointment is so ... disappointing

I have been there for my brother anytime he has called - for whatever he needs. I always thought that should I have a need arise - that my brother would be there for me.

I did. He wasn't.

I didn't need money. I didn't need him to lift any heavy furniture. I needed his time. Just a couple of hours.

Wouldn't do it. Not because he wasn't able. His plan for the day involved putting an impression of his ass into his couch.

Jack-ass.

I never thought that he wouldn't be there for me when I needed something. Disappointment is so disappointing.

3 comments:

Efen said...

I know what you mean. Since I live close to my parents and my sister doesn't (1000 miles away), guess who gets 'put out' if her help is needed in any way?

Not much you can do...except file it away for when the situation is reversed...uh..if you're into that 'get even' thing...like I happen to be ;)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I have finally cut my brother out of my life. I'm 40 years old and if anyone asked, I am an only child. He has disappointed me over and over again. I think I'm better off w/o him and his sorry ass wife.

Frank said...

I'm very fond of keeping my ass's impression firmly embedded in my couch...but I always leap up whenever a family member needs help. Your brother definitely dropped the ball on this one. I recommend not getting him anything for his birthday/Christmas as punishment.