3.09.2009

Are you kidding me??

I wonder, what causes a grown man to revert to childhood behaviors once married? You know - like not being able to see what is virtually right in front of his face?

For example:

After having my hair cut this weekend (a place I turn down my cell phone as to not bother those getting their 'hair did' beside me) I notice I have a voicemail. Received from my home. 15 minutes after I left the house.

"Do you have my keys. I can't find my keys. I'm trying to go to the driving range, I can't find my keys"

I didn't panic. I don't have his keys. Surely he found them and is well on his way to golfing bliss. Or even if he didn't find his keys, he had to remember that we have two extra keys for his truck and again - is well on his way to golfing bliss.

Then I pull into the driveway. His truck is still at home. He is standing beside it. Pissed.

Me: Why are you still here?

Him: Because I don't have any keys. You have them.

Me: I don't have your keys. Did you look in the house?

Him: Of course I looked in the house.

Me: Well, lets go look.

Him: I looked everywhere - there is no point.

Me: {I walk into the house, over to our small hall table, lift up a tu-tu my daughter left there - and there are the keys} - I hand them to the man...

Him: Just how was I supposed to find them there?

Me: Same way I did, I suppose. But, why did you wait for me to get home - why didn't you just use one of the spare keys instead??

Him: Blank Stare ????????????????????????

He forgot about the spare keys.

Are you kidding me?

8 comments:

The Girl said...

Yeah, been in that scenario....Husbands and kids just forget how to look for stuff, every now and then we have to remind them. Good story !

Anonymous said...

You gotta love it when they get pissed and the thing the were looking for was right in front of them the entire time. Men, you can't kill them and leave them on the side of the road!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The Evil Twin would rather grumble and keep digging thru things rather than asking me where something's at. I usually have to just ask "What are you looking for?" LOL.

Frank said...

You have to cut him some slack...we men are simple folk.

My favorite instance of that was back in elementary school when I went running around the house in the morning saying, "where did I put my socks??" I was going to be late and I started to panic, and then my mom looked at me like I was crazy and said, "uh...you're HOLDING them."

Elle said...

omg...you are not even kidding! If it's not in plain view, it's "lost". Ugh!!!

kristin said...

Oh, this is so true...sad, but true.

Kennyo said...

Hey,
This is my 1st time on your Blog, I worked my way through blog world from Evil's to find you.. Just wanted to say I enjoy the blog and keep it up..

Kenny

Warped Mind of Ron said...

LOL... took me a while to find your blog. hmmmm guess I should have asked ETW where it was :)