10.15.2008

WTF...???

I'm pissed.
I know... I know... I said I was going to give up complaining.
Now, I have decided that I am going to start complaining again. Often.
I make that promise and you are my witness.

I WILL COMPLAIN AND I WILL COMPLAIN OFTEN!!!

Starting now....

My husband.
He travels for work.
A LOT

Last week when he came home... turns out we didn't give him enough of a welcome reception when he came home. Guess who heard all about it.

Now, before you go taking his side - listen to me.

My week:
Sick kids
No sleep
Holding heads while children puke
No sleep
Wiping butts (one night (between 2 & 4 am) - 14 times - SERIOUSLY)
No sleep
Sick kid laundry to the ceiling
No sleep
Yada, yada, yada yada

Get the picture????

When husband comes through the door at the end of his trip... I'm cooking dinner, trying to have it ready as close to when he came home as possible. I had scrubbed the house free of sick germs. Still no sleep. Washed & put away all of the sick kid laundry. Still no sleep. But, wanted to make sure hubby came home from a long week away to a clean house and a hot meal...No complaining to the hubby about the week... no need to ruin his night with tales of puke and poop... especially over dinner. Quick kiss and a hello when he comes in the door - tossing a 'how was your trip' over my shoulder as I head back to making dinner.

Apparently - not enough.

I FREAKING LOST IT. LOST IT.

I said something I never say to my hubby...

FUCK YOU

I was with our sick kids all week long. I had deadlines for work. I had school work that needed to be finished. I cleaned our house. I made you dinner. I am surviving on very little sleep. YOU went out to dinner every night. YOU slept through the night in a great big hotel bed. YOU DICK! YOU owe me flowers. a big thank you card. you should be groveling at MY feet. you should be sending me off to bed for a nap...

FUCK YOU



4 comments:

Efen said...

I happened on your site after I saw your comment on "The Girl You Don't Bring Home to Momma " page.

I used to travel alot for work and I know I had the 'easy' part of it as the only responsibility I had was my job, and that pretty well ended when I got to the hotel.

I would have said the same thing...

Drop by and visit if you ever get the chance (uh....it can be kinda 'R-rated' for language)

Elle said...

A.) Girl, don't ever stop complaining! My head would spin completely off my shoulders if I tried to stop. Life is just too stupid not to, ya know?

And B.) He deserved it. You know you wouldn't have said it under normal circumstances...he needs to get over himself! Hope the kids are well and you got some sleep :)

Reed said...

A friggen men! I feel your pain and think that moms should get toeeks of sick leave...no kids, no husbands.
BTW..... I added you to my list of reads on my blog at Supernanny.com:
http://www.supernanny.com/Community/Blogs/Kadi.aspx

kristin said...

I saw you on my followers list, so I popped over to see what you're all about.

This post struck a cord, I wrote a similar one last week when DH came home after traveling for 11 days.

Tacos wasn't a "good enough" welcome home meal. And the house wasn't clean enough, Eff them all if they're unappreciative!